Functional Massage Therapy and its Benefits
I have been a Licensed Massage Therapist since 2012. My approach to Massage Therapy facilitates deep, long-lasting results using a wide range of modalities, peeling away layers of stress, restoring mobility to injured muscle tissue, easing stiff joints and hot spots of pain.
Some benefits of massage:
– Relieve back pain and improve range of motion.
– Assist with shorter, easier labor and hospital stays for mom.
– Boost immune system by stimulating lymph flow.
– Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
– Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ—the skin.
– Increase joint flexibility.
– Reduce depression and anxiety.
– Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
– Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and organs, improving circulation.
– Reduce muscle spasms and cramping.
– Release endorphins— that work as the body’s natural painkiller.
– Relieve migraine pain.
Modalities Practiced: Swedish • Functional – Deep Tissue • Myofascial Release • Pregnancy Massage • Nerve Mobilization • Acupressure • Pediatric Massage • Lymphatic Drainage • Medical Massage • Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation (PNF)
Invest in your Health
Getting a massage can do you a world of good. And getting massage frequently can do even more. Budgeting time and money for bodywork at consistent intervals is truly an investment in your health. Consider massage appointments a necessary piece of your health and wellness plan, and work with your practitioner to establish a treatment schedule that best meets your needs.
For more in-depth information and research, visit these websites:
U.S. National Library of Medicine: Clinical research studies on massage
National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health, a division of the National Institutes of Health